Telephone: (07) 3007 3722 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ben joined the Mahoneys in late 2016 to work under Ben Seccombe and Mitchell Downes in the litigation department, having started his career at a boutique
Brisbane commercial litigation firm.
Ben was admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland and High Court of Australia in 2014 and in his young career has gained experience in
a wide variety of litigation and commercial matters.
Ben graduated from the University of Queensland in 2013 with bachelors degrees in Law and Science majoring in biomedical physiology.
Ben also holds a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice from the College of Laws, Brisbane.
Ben’s areas of practice include:
- Commercial and contract disputes;
- Trust, equity and fiduciary litigation;
- Planning and environment appeals and advice;
Ben has recently acted for clients in relation to:
- partnership disputes arising from breach of fiduciary duty by a partner and accessorial liability under the second limb of Barnes v Addy;
- large scale development appeals before the planning and environment court regarding the construction of a mosque;
- litigation against lenders for breaches of obligations under the banking code arising from improper lending;
- review of the ruling of a trustee in bankruptcy in relation to a creditor’s proof of debt;
- commercial leasing disputes arising from insufficient make good at the conclusion of tenancy.