Richard is a lawyer at Mahoneys working with Antony Harrison in the areas of Commercial and Corporate Law. Richard joined Mahoneys in 2011 and during
his time here he has worked on a diverse range of matters in the commercial and corporate law areas.
Richard is very focussed on providing practical commercial advice to his clients that will enable them to understand the issues and risks for their
business transactions, ultimately helping them to achieve their goals.
Richard holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Science from the Queensland University of Technology that he completed in 2003. He then completed
his Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Queensland University of Technology in 2008. Richard also speaks Japanese and has a Level 1 certification
in Japanese proficiency.
Richard's work is quite varied and he has been involved in advising and attending to: -
- mergers and acquisitions (including share and asset acquisitions and disposals);
- shareholder/unitholder/partnership arrangements;
- joint ventures;
- corporate restructures;
- due diligence investigations;
- banking and securities (in particular the Personal Property Securities Act 2009);
- employment law (including contract preparation and disputes);
- consumer and competition law; and
- documentation for tech start-ups including privacy policies, terms and conditions, and service contracts.
Richard has recently acted for and advised on:
- the multi-million dollar sale of an island in the Great Barrier Reef to a foreign buyer;
- the preparation, and negotiation of a $30,000,000 construction contract; and
- preparations, and negotiation of a multi-million dollar subcontract to a Government head contract.