Wesley has recently joined Mahoneys and is working with Antony Harrison in the areas of Commercial and Corporate Law.
Wesley brings a wealth of experience to the team and has been involved in many large projects previously. His style is to develop a strong relationship
with his client that enables him to fully understand their needs and wishes and then develop a plan for the successful completion of the transaction.
He is very client focussed and always has his client’s needs at the forefront of his mind when providing advice on any matter.
Wesley holds a Bachelor of Laws from the Queensland University of Technology that he completed in 2004. He then completed his Graduate Diploma in Legal
Practice from the Queensland University of Technology in February 2007. Wesley also holds a Master of Health Science that he completed in 2004
and a Graduate Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety completed in 2000.
Wesley's work involves advising and attending to matters in a wide range of Commercial law aspects including: -
- Incorporations and business restructuring;
- Business sale and purchase including drafting contracts, chattel sale agreements and share sale agreements;
- Terms of trade, shareholder agreements, general security agreements and a wide range of business issues;
- Commercial Leasing;
- Employment agreements;
- The Personal Property Securities Act 2009;
- Corporate governance compliance and directors duties; and
- Succession and estate planning.
Wesley has recently acted for and advised on:
- A pipeline project in NSW for a listed company involving acquisition of land and payments of compensation and including advices relating to environmental
- Joint ventures and business acquisitions for a listed veterinary company;
- Building contracts and a construction management contracts;
- Validity of execution of deed of trust for a self-managed superannuation fund;
- Sales of retirement villages;
- Application to set aside Deed of Company Arrangement including appearing in Supreme Court;
- Leasing of airport hangars at Brisbane Airport;
- Lending and security issues for purchase of businesses and real property;
- Corporate governance compliance;
- Establishment of companies including companies limited by guarantee; and
- Amendment of self-managed superannuation fund deed to incorporate limited recourse borrowing arrangement.