Focused legal support for the tourism industry
Get advice from expert lawyers who are regularly engaged to advise and act for small and large motels, hostels, hotels, pubs, restaurants and other venues with a significant tourist clientele.
Our specialist lawyers have worked on the development of large-scale tourism projects worth hundreds of millions of dollars in iconic destinations such as the Gold Coast and Airlie Beach. These have included hotels, theme parks and mixed-use projects with retail and hospitality outlets.
Accommodation and entertainment venue specialists
As one of Australia’s leading Management Rights firms, Mahoneys also represents a range of clients in the hospitality and tourism industry. In addition to our Brisbane headquarters on Eagle Street, Mahoneys also maintains premises in Varsity Lakes on the Gold Coast to provide personalised service to many of our major tourism and property development clients.
John Mahoney heads up this area of the business, with an in-depth understanding of tourism and hospitality-related legislation and how it applies to present-day operations.
Mahoneys supports your tourism business with an
in-depth understanding of legislation and the
changing face of the industry.
Experts in acquisitions, sales, licensing, disputes and more
Specialist tourism and hospitality legal services Mahoneys can assist with include:
- The acquisition and sale of a diverse range of freehold properties (hotels, motels and backpacker establishments)
- The acquisition and sale of different types of tourism-related businesses conducted from leased premises
- Establishing management agreements for operators of tourism businesses
- Licensing and regulatory advice and disputes, including liquor licensing and Councils
- Establishment of leasing and subleasing structure for, and the acquisitions and sales of, marina berths
- Negotiation and preparation of leases associated with all types of tourist and hospitality businesses
- Establishing management agreements for licensed premises.