P: (07) 3007 3724 | E: email@example.com
Francesca is a lawyer in our commercial litigation team.
Admitted as a Solicitor in 2016, Francesca is an experienced commercial litigator specialising in building and construction disputes – including compliance with Queensland Building and Construction (QBCC) Act; Building Industry Fairness (Security of Payment) Act 2017 (Qld); and Australian Standards of contract for building and construction (including AS4000 and AS4902).
Francesca’s experience includes advising clients on commercial disputes, and supporting them through litigation and other dispute resolution mechanisms (including mediation, expert determinations and dispute avoidance boards).
- General commercial litigation
- Building and Construction disputes, including payment disputes.
- Bachelor of Laws
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Admitted to practice in Queensland and the High Court of Australia
- Member, Queensland Law Society
- Member, Society of Construction Law Australia
- acted and advised on the dispute resolution process for a $1.8 billion arterial road upgrade PPP.
- advised on and worked with expert engineers in a dispute on the construction of bridges as part of a $4.9 billion major highway upgrade project.
- advised on the operation of a design, build, operate and maintain contract for a $28.6 million sewerage treatment plant.
- drafted and negotiated multiple supply agreements and subcontracts for the head contractor on a $1 billion major highway upgrade.
- acted for and advised major contractors and developers on the operation of the Building Industry Fairness (Security of Payment) Act 2017 (Qld) and Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 1999 (NSW).