P: (07) 3007 3718 | E: email@example.com
John is one of the founding partners of Mahoneys. John has a passion for property law and has developed a particular expertise in management rights and helping resident managers throughout Australia.
John’s range of clients is as diverse as the specific areas of law in which he specialises. He acts for one of the state’s largest land developers, as well as other developers of various sizes. He acts for a number of clients holding large portfolios of management rights businesses.
The knowledge John has developed in management rights has enabled him to become a trusted advisor to many of his clients and this has resulted in many referrals and a lot of repeat business. His experience enables him to quickly understand complex matters and steer his clients to an outcome that suits their situation. He is often involved in dispute resolution where clients use his expertise to negotiate outcomes to problems without the need for expensive litigation.
John has over 35 years’ experience in most areas of property and business law. He has handled an extensive range of property and business purchase/sale transactions from vacant residential land to multimillion dollar commercial properties, suburban homes to huge caravan parks, small hardware businesses to large multi-storey hotels and major management rights transactions.
John was recently awarded the ARAMA service provider of the year for the service he and his team provide to their myriad of management rights clients.
- Property Development – planning advice, site acquisitions, subdivisions and mixed use developments
- Management Rights – conveyancing, dispute resolution and advice
- Property Conveyancing – leasehold and freehold, particularly commercial properties
- Business sales and acquisitions
- Land Act – acquisitions, conversions, leases and transfers
- Bachelor of Laws
- Admitted to practice in Queensland and New South Wales
- Australian Resident Accommodation Managers Association – life member
- Urban Development Institute of Australia – former senior vice president.
- Acquisitions and dispositions of large portfolios of management rights businesses
- Negotiating a number of major multi million dollar industrial property transactions
- Presentations throughout Queensland at seminars on management rights legislation
“A big thank you for all of your efforts. Once or twice when I thought things were getting a bit too hard, your calm and balanced approach made all the difference.”