P: (07) 3007 3718 | E: email@example.com
John is the founding partner of Mahoneys. John has a passion for property law and, for over the last 20 years, has developed a particular expertise in management rights.
With over 35 years’ experience in property and business law, John has handled an extensive range of property and business transactions from vacant residential land to multimillion dollar commercial properties; suburban homes to caravan parks; small hardware businesses to large multi-storey hotels; and of course management rights businesses.
John has represented Australian Resident Accommodation Managers Association, now ARAMA National Limited (ARAMA), and the management rights industry on every significant piece of legislation and is also responsible for key parts of the management rights legislation in place today.
The knowledge John has developed in management rights has enabled him to become a trusted advisor to his clients and the industry. His experience enables him to quickly understand complex matters and steer his clients to commercial outcomes. He is often involved in disputes where clients use his expertise to negotiate outcomes to problems without the need for expensive litigation.
John has been awarded the ARAMA service provider of the year for the past three years for the service he, and our dedicated managements rights team, provide the management rights industry.
In the 2022 edition of Doyle’s Guide to the Australian Legal Profession, Mahoneys is named a leading Queensland Property & Real Estate Law Firm. Furthermore, John is named a leading Queensland Lawyer for Property & Real Estate and Retail, Commercial and Industrial Leasing.
- Property development – planning advice, site acquisition, subdivisions and developments
- Management rights – buy, sell, renew, advice and disputes
- Commercial leasing – negotiate, review and document leases (for landlords and tenants)
- Property conveyancing – leasehold and freehold, particularly commercial properties
- Business – sales and acquisitions
- Land Act – acquisitions, conversions, leases and transfers
- Body corporate – advice and transaction support
- Bachelor of Laws
- Admitted to practice in Queensland and New South Wales
- Member, Queensland Law Society
- Board member and life member of ARAMA
- Acquisitions and dispositions of large portfolios of management rights businesses
- Negotiating and completing multimillion dollar commercial and industrial property transactions
- Preparing submissions to the Victorian Government on recent legislative changes
“A big thank you for all of your efforts. Once or twice when I thought things were getting a bit too hard, your calm and balanced approach made all the difference.”