P: (07) 3007 3720 | E: email@example.com
Ben’s pedigree is in commercial litigation. With diverse experience in all types of commercial litigation, Ben now has a leading national practice advising resident managers and bodies corporate about all contentious matters that they might confront, including contract issues as between the manager and body corporate, by-laws, building and construction (including defect management), statutory compliance and insurance.
- Management rights
- Employment litigation
- Estate litigation
- Bodies corporate and strata
- Bachelor of Laws
- Admitted to practice in Queensland, New South Wales, the Northern Territory and the High Court of Australia.
- Strata Communities Australia (Queensland)
- acting for a Government Related Entity in a landmark matter concerning the application of the new federal workplace relations laws to Queensland Government Related Entities
- successfully defending an international petroleum franchise from claims arising from accidents at franchised sites
- advising a property developer in relation to the termination of an ‘off-the-plan’ contract
- recovering a substantial deposit for a young family who had terminated a building contract for failure by their builder to complete their new house in a timely fashion
- advising a privately appointed receiver and manager on employment issues arising from his appointment and on retention of title claims by creditors
- recovering for receivers substantial preferred payments from the Australian Taxation Office
- acting for a multi-million dollar property group in defence of an action by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission alleging contraventions of the Trade Practices Act
- securing timely payment for building sub-contractors pursuant to the Building and Construction Industry Payments Act
- conduct of complicated actions in the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal on behalf of resident managers in remuneration reviews and defending termination proceedings
Ben frequently appears in both State and federal jurisdictions and in the specialist tribunals of Queensland and New South Wales.