Supporting the medical, dental and allied health industries
Mahoneys work closely with other experts to provide financial well-being, business advice and training to the medical, dental and allied health industries. We regularly present – on legal matters affecting doctors, dentists, specialists, allied health professionals and their practices – at events organised by the following industry groups, associations and hospitals.
• The Royal College of Physicians (RACP);
• The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP);
• The Professional Medical Practice (PMP);
• Business for Doctor;
• Gold Coast Private Hospital; and
• The Australian Dental Association Queensland (ADAQ).
Mahoneys' experienced lawyers allow you to focus on your patients.
How we help our clients
Mahoneys act for a range of doctors, dentists, specialists, allied health professionals, private practices, large multi-use medical centres, and multi-site medical practices – with a key focus on helping them with:
• protecting personal and business assets;
• making the move from public to private practices;
• bringing doctors / specialists together to form practices;
• running and growing successful practices;
• buying, selling and winding up practices (whether by way of share sale or business sales); and
• dealing with practice disputes and disagreements.
Other services we provide to our doctors / specialists include:
• setting up new medical, dental and allied health practices (for sole and multiple practitioners);
• merging existing practices;
• buying and selling medical, dental and allied health practices;
• buying, selling and leasing property (including medical rooms / suites);
• reviewing, agreeing and documenting:
• partnership agreement
• shareholder and unitholder agreements
• equity and shareholding changes
• staffing and employment agreements
• shared service agreements;
• retail / commercial lease
• protecting intellectual property rights;
• resolving employment, partnership and shareholding disputes;
• structuring personal and corporate assets; and
• estate planning (including wills, powers of attorney and advance health directives);