P: (07) 3007 3711 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cath is a Senior Associate in Mahoneys’ corporate commercial practice.
Admitted in 2006 Cath is an experienced commercial lawyer who predominantly focuses on Wills and estate planning, deceased estates and estate administration. Cath’s clients typically include high net worth individuals and clients who operate small-to-medium sized enterprises.
Cath’s experience – which includes 5 years as an in-house lawyer for a family owned quarry business – means Cath is well placed to understand the challenges many small businesses face. It also enables Cath to understand her client’s needs and work closely with them to obtain their desired legal and commercial outcomes.
Cath holds a bachelor of laws and a bachelor of business and a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice. She is enrolled to study a Master of Laws (Applied Law) majoring in Estate Planning through the College of Law.
- Tailored estate and succession planning including asset protection strategies.
- Preparation of Wills including testamentary trusts and associated documentation.
- Preparation of enduring powers of attorney.
- Advising executors in relation to the administration of an estate.
- Applying for grants to administer estates (including probate).
- Attending to the transfer of assets as part of the estate administration.
- Documenting family loans.
- Additional areas:
- Reviewing, negotiating and documenting finance agreements (including loan documents and mortgages).
- Reviewing, negotiating and documenting employment and contractor agreements.
- Reviewing, negotiating and documenting building construction contracts.
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Laws
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Admitted to practice in Queensland
- Member, Queensland Law Society
- Complicated estate planning matters including with client who have multiple business entities, existence of discretionary trusts and unequal divisions amongst beneficiaries of a discretionary trust.
- Acting and advising in complicated high net worth individual estate administration matters.
- Advising in relation to complicated enduring power of attorney matters including in relation to conflict provisions.
- Resolving contested grants of representation on intestacy that have been caveated by interested parties.
- Preparing family loan deeds to document funds provided that are to be “forgiven” upon death.
- Preparing template employment agreements for small businesses.
- Reviewing and negotiating high end home building construction contracts.