P: (07) 3007 3725 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy is a partner in our property group. With over 20 years’ experience, she has handled an extensive range of property and business transactions – developing a particular expertise in management rights, motels and leasing.
Amy focuses on providing pragmatic commercial advice to her clients. She prides herself on taking the time to get to know each client’s individual needs in order to manage their expectations and achieve the best possible outcomes.
Amy is an active member of the Australian Resident Accommodation Managers Association (ARAMA), regularly presenting at industry events and representing ARAMA in the RTA (Residential Tenancies Authority) stakeholder forums.
In the 2022 edition of Doyle’s Guide to the Australian Legal Profession, Mahoneys is named a leading Queensland Property & Real Estate Law Firm. Furthermore, Amy is named as a leading Queensland Lawyer for Retail, Commercial and Industrial Leasing.
Amy was also recognised for Real Property Law in the 2023 and 2024 Edition of Best Lawyers® in Australia.
- Management rights
- Motels and hotels
- Business transactions
- Leasing (commercial and retail shop leasing)
- Commercial property acquisitions
- Bachelor of Laws
- Master of Laws
- Bachelor of Business
- Admitted to practice in Queensland and New South Wales
- Member, Queensland Law Society
- Member, Australian Resident Accommodation Managers Association (ARAMA)
- Represents ARAMA in the RTA stakeholder forums
- Management rights acquisitions and sales, including off the plan transactions.
- Assisting bodies corporate, individual lot owners, building managers, body corporate managers with various advices in relation to the strata legislation in Queensland.
- Reviewing and advising upon the scope of caretaking and letting agreements and drafting variations of management rights agreements.
- Assisting clients with exercising their options and negotiating top ups to their management rights agreements.
- Providing advice to clients with respect to their letting obligations and compliance with the Property Occupations Act.
- Motel acquisitions and disposals (in both Queensland and New South Wales) including negotiation of the contract/s, negotiation of the lease, obtaining the consent of the landlord and negotiation of the deed of consent/right of entry agreement between the financier and the landlord.
- Acting for motel, commercial and retail landlords in relation to the negotiation of new leases, extensions, variations and advice on the obligations of the various parties.
- Providing advice to both landlords and tenants in relation to COVID legislation and negotiating any subsequent agreements.
- Commercial property acquisitions and sales including negotiation of the contract/s, general due diligence and reviewing any accompanying leases.