P: (07) 3007 3736 | E: email@example.com
Simon is a Senior Associate in our dispute resolution team. He offers an efficient, personal and transparent advisory, dispute resolution and litigation service, including:
- advising shareholders and directors of their rights and obligations;
- acting for receivers and liquidators, advising them on their powers and assisting with recovery proceedings;
- representing executors in the administration of estates and in defence of related claims, including family provision claims;
- assisting property owners resolve disputes involving acquisitions, sales, commercial leases and caveats.
Simon has written extensively for an internationally recognised legal publisher. He has also advised on and managed a broad range of commercial transactions, including two large international business sales requiring regulatory approvals.
- Shareholder and director disputes
- Corporate and Insolvency litigation
- Estates litigation
- Body corporate and property litigation
- Bachelor of Laws
- Master of Laws
- Admitted to practice in South Africa
- Admitted to practice in New South Wales and the High Court of Australia
- Holds a Queensland Practicing Certificate
- Member, Queensland Law Society
- Successfully represented a commercial tenant in a Supreme Court claim for several hundred thousand dollars in overpaid outgoings.
- Represented the executor of a large estate in defending and settling a family provision claim.
- Application to the Supreme Court for a freezing order to prevent the sale of commercial property.
- Acted for a liquidator in starting and settling an insolvent trading claim.
- Acted for the trustee of a bankrupt estate in recovering the half share of a property.
- Appointed and advised a receiver and manager on the sale of a medical practice.
- Advising a company in regards to claims brought against it by a minority shareholder and defending related proceedings.
- Acted for a caretaker in a litigated claim against a body corporate for wrongful termination of a service agreement.