P: (07) 3007 3753 | E: email@example.com
Todd is an experienced property lawyer who heads up Mahoneys body corporate team.
Todd specialises in body corporate law and predominantly acts for bodies corporate, body corporate managers and lot owners on all matters affecting bodies corporate.
Todd is an active member of the Strata Community Association (Qld). In 2019 he was appointed to the Strata Community Association (Qld) legislation committee and assists in making submissions on behalf of the Strata Community Association (Qld) on issues such as legislative reform in body corporate law.
As Todd is also a body corporate committee member, he understands the day to day requirements of administering a body corporate.
Todd has a focus on achieving practical and commercial results for his clients and understands the market in which bodies corporate operate within.
Todd also provides body corporate managers, and other industry stakeholders, with presentations and training on matters affecting the body corporate industry.
Mahoneys was named “Law Firm of the Year” at the 2023 Strata Community Association (Qld) awards. The “Strata Services Business Legal Firms Award” acknowledged firms who delivered exceptional client services; relationships built on identifying and meeting expectations; and a seamless client experience with an unwavering commitment to providing a high level of services (including cost, quality of legal advice and added value to everyone).
“Mahoneys has set an exemplary standard in the Strata industry. Their commitment to excellence, innovation, and sustainability is truly commendable. They’ve not only met but exceeded all judging criteria, making them a standout choice for this prestigious award. Mahoneys – A leader in Strata legal services, paving the way for a brighter and more efficient future.” (Strata Community Association Queensland)
- Body Corporate
- Management Rights
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Business (Finance)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Admitted to practice in Queensland and the High Court of Australia
- Member, Queensland Law Society
- Member, Strata Community Association (Qld)
- Advising a large body corporate on a complicated assignment matter which includes management rights variations, BMS amendments, a new CMS and improvements to the common property as part of settlement.
- Advising a developer on terminating a community titles scheme.
- Advising a layered scheme on the ability to make decisions that are restricted issues for its subsidiaries.
- Advising a body corporate on its rights in relation to an adjoining development including negotiating a crane over swing deed.
- Acting on behalf of a body corporate in a complicated BMS dispute and negotiating amendments to the BMS to resolve the dispute.
- Advising a majority lot owner and caretaking service contractor on its decision making ability and restrictions.