Mahoneys recently delivered the owners of an intergenerational family business with a comprehensive estate plan. With a net worth of approximately $20 million, our work included:
- considering the family business structure and intended direction when preparing the estate plan;
- implementing the most appropriate vehicle to transfer interests in the family business as part of the succession planning;
- reviewing existing trust structures and facilitating any necessary changes (including shareholders and unitholders agreements);
- reviewing self-managed superannuation and facilitating any necessary changes;
- preparing wills, testamentary trust and enduring powers of attorney (including for their children); and
- preparing an easy-to-follow estate plan overview, memorandum of wishes, and statement of wishes.
Mahoneys’ dedicated estate planning team helps a range of clients make sure the assets they own and control are distributed according to their wishes and in accordance with their estate plan.
If you require assistance with your Will or have broader estate planning needs, please don’t hesitate to contact Cath Champion.