P: (07) 3007 3748 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
James has 19 years’ experience in building and construction law, commercial litigation, and disputes resolution.
He is a Queensland Law Society Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation.
James acts for civil contractors, developers, licensed contractors, subcontractors, body corporates, liquidators, and bankruptcy trustees.
James regularly shares his building and construction knowledge with colleagues, and presents seminars to the legal profession and industry stakeholders.
- Advice on Australian Standard contracts
- Advice on payment claims and payment schedules
- Adjudication applications
- Setting aside adjudication decisions
- Advice about builder’s licensing in Queensland
- Damages claims in state and Federal Courts
- Applications for injunctions and search orders
- International commercial arbitration
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Legal Studies
- Graduate diploma in legal practice
- Admitted to practice in Queensland and the High Court of Australia
- Queensland Law Society Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation
- Member, Queensland Law Society
- International commercial arbitration relating to the supply of concreting sand to the Singaporean government
- Injunction application to restrain breaches of restrictive building covenants
- Injunction application to restrain misuse of confidential information
- Application for search orders and injunction to restrain breach of copyright in software
- Injunction application to restrain employee from using funds misappropriated from their employer
- Defending multiple claims for equitable compensation for breach of fiduciary duty
- Mould damage litigation between a body corporate and a lot owner
- Injunction application to restrain publication of defamatory matters
- Application to appoint an administrator to perform obligations of a body corporate