P: (07) 3007 3723 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa is an experienced commercial litigation and dispute resolution lawyer who provides pragmatic solutions to complex problems.
Lisa joined Mahoneys in 2023 after establishing and running the disputes practice at a large statutory body, where she advised on a wide range of contentious matters including contract disputes, regulatory compliance, administrative law and employment matters.
Prior to that Lisa worked at one of Brisbane’s largest independent law firms, where she had a broad litigation practice focused primarily on building and construction disputes.
Lisa appears in both State and federal jurisdictions and in specialist tribunals.
- Building and construction
- Regulatory complaints and investigations
- Administrative law and challenges to decisions made by public bodies
- Shareholder and partnership disputes
- Mediations and ADR
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Arts
- Admitted to practice in Queensland and the High Court of Australia
- Member, Queensland Law Society
- advising one of Queensland’s largest statutory bodies on:
- all contested court/tribunal matters and ADR within Australia and internationally;
- dealings with regulatory agencies;
- complex legislative compliance issues; and
- challenges to decisions by way of judicial review or similar legal processes
- acting for a Queensland-based building group in longstanding multi-party review proceedings against the building regulator that led to the regulator’s decision being set aside
- acting in various complex and high value building and construction matters including defect claims and security of payment disputes
- representing an international fast food franchise in a longstanding lease dispute involving a marquee restaurant on the Gold Coast including three successful interlocutory applications, success at first instance and on appeal
- acting in the team that represented one of Queensland’s largest insurers on their response to the 2011 Queensland floods and the subsequent Commission of Inquiry