P: (07) 3007 3715 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rhys is a Senior Associate in our commercial team who specialises in commercial, corporate and intellectual property matters. Admitted as a solicitor in 2017, Rhys has experience assisting SMEs, large private businesses, research institutes, technology companies and start-ups with their commercial matters, including advising on negotiating and drafting buying, selling, distribution, manufacturing, consultancy and supply agreements, shareholder agreements; intellectual property licensing; software licensing; and privacy issues.
- advising on commercial agreements;
- business acquisitions and disposals;
- business structuring;
- IP commercialisation and licensing;
- trade mark registration and advice;
..with a particular focus on the healthcare, technology and renewable industries.
- Bachelor of Science (Biomedical Science)
- Bachelor of Laws
- Master of Biotechnology
- PhD candidate (Biotechnology)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Admitted to practice in Queensland
- Member, Queensland Law Society
Rhys recent experience includes:
- acting on the ~$28m sale of complex information communications and technology (ICT) business;
- acting on the ~$13m sale of a mining and engineering business;
- negotiating research collaboration agreements between biomedical research groups;
- assisting a technology start-up raise ~$10m in capital from local and overseas investors;
- advising on the $100m plus acquisition of a technology business;
- buying and selling varying sized health care practices.