Mahoneys’ Partner Matthew Manz was recently featured in Resort News – the magazine for the accommodation industry professional – where he discussed important things to consider, and why, when preparing to sell a management rights business, including:
- when is a transfer fee payable;
- do you know what the net operating profit is;
- are all the letting appointments signed;
- do you know the length of any agreements;
- have any options been exercised correctly; and
- is the buyer ready to meet with the committee?
Further, he stressed the importance of getting organised early to help ensure that the sale and assignment proceed without issue (or delay). You can read Matthew’s article here.
Mahoneys is one of Australia’s leading management rights law firms, with a team of industry-leading lawyers that has supported the management rights industry for over 20 years.
Feel free to contact our dedicated management rights team if you need assistance buying, selling or running a management rights business.